Christopher Robinson, MD, MSCR, FACOG
Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Fellowship: Maternal Fetal Medicine; Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Residency: Obstetrics & Gynecology; Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Internship: Obstetrics & Gynecology; Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Medical School: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
About the Provider
Dr. Christopher Robinson provides high risk pregnancy care to East Cooper Medical Center in Mt. Pleasant, SC. Dr. Robinson is originally from upstate South Carolina and attended the Medical University of South Carolina for his medical training. He completed residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and went on to complete a fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine and is a recognized national and international expert in hypertensive disease in pregnancy. Dr. Robinson is also recognized in prenatal diagnosis, ultrasound, medical management of complex pregnancy and fetal testing and transfusion.
He is published and has expertise in the management of hypertension in pregnancy, fetal cardiac care, multiple gestation, and obesity affecting pregnancy. Dr. Robinson has been recognized as a National Best Doctor in Maternal Fetal Medicine from 2013 through 2018. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, the national Society representation for Maternal-Fetal medicine specialists. He has given regional, national, and international presentations on management of hypertension in pregnancy, obesity, genetics, and pregnancy care.
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Preeclampsia management and counseling
- Vaccine use in pregnancy
- Lupus in pregnancy
- Modeling of disease affecting pregnancy
- Artificial intelligence applied to data modeling