High-Risk Pregnancy Care
For healthier mothers, healthier babies, safer births
East Cooper Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists specializes in the care of women with high-risk pregnancies. We are known for expertly addressing the needs of mothers and babies throughout these complex pregnancies, and for the outcomes we achieve.
What is a High-Risk Pregnancy?
If you have a high-risk pregnancy, it means you require expert care and careful monitoring from physicians who specialize in high-risk pregnancies – known as maternal-fetal medicine specialists – to keep you and your baby safe.
East Cooper Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists strive to optimize the outcome for high risk pregnancies by working alongside Obstetricians caring for their at risk pregnant patients.
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are experienced in managing the full range of high-risk pregnancies, from women with chronic health conditions to those facing urgent life-threatening complications.
We can help with high-risk pregnancies caused by:
- Health conditions that exist before pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and kidney disease, among others
- Previous pregnancy complications, such as preterm labor or preeclampsia
- Fetal congenital anomalies
- Multiple births
- Conditions that develop during pregnancy, such as preeclampsia or eclampsia, morbidly adherent placenta (MAP), and placenta previa
- Advanced maternal age
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)